Saturday, November 27, 2004

Election Silence

Alright, I've been caught up in my own misery since the election. I haven't blogged in the slightest, although I've sat angrily for a long time. I'm going to blog more frequently, and who knows, maybe people will even begin to read this site. In the meantime, I know I'm just whistling in the wind, but what the hell.

I really think that the right is engaging in full scale war on the normal people in this country in search of a theoracy/corporate takeover of our country. It is time to respond like we really want to win. It is no longer time to take the high road, we must take the winning road, by whatever means necessary, since that is what's being done to us.

Therefore, I think it's time that we start fighting the right in every venue we can. We should no longer listen to or read their media. I know it's nice to see what they're saying, but they don't care about what we're saying, why should we care about what they're saying? Furthermore, they use our listening in and general liberal interest in what all sides are saying as validation of their point of view when the ratings come out. So, let's starve their media, let's starve their corporations. They make fun of us, calling us out of touch elites, limousine liberals. Well, let's put our money where our mouths are, don't patronize their companies if you can at all help it.

To that end, I have found a site which begins to put together a rudimentary list of "blue" companies and "red" companies, ie - those that give to Democrats and those that give to Republicans. My view: don't patronize (if you can help it), any company that gives more than, say, 60% of their political giving to Republicans. Let's make it harder for them to survive.Like I said, this is war, let's fight like we really care about the results.

"We will beat them in their stores, in their companies, in shopping malls, in the gas stations, we will never give up, we will win" or something Churchillian like that.

Go to the site Choose the Blue, and live it.

Update: At the very least, start making these choices where you get your gas. The only company that I see which gives to Democrats (the others give overwhelmingly to Republicans) is Shell Oil. Start out by going there exclusively. It's an easy choice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home