Saturday, November 27, 2004

Where's the Danger?

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention since the election, or paid too much beforehand, but have I been missing a few orange alerts or something? It seems as if every holiday, every day where inordinant amounts of people got into cars or airplanes for the last 3 years, all we heard were terror alerts coming from the government. Maybe I haven't paid attention well of late, but it seems to me that there hasn't been a terror alert in a month, since the election ended. There were, however, many terror alerts right before the election. But then Bush won, and Ashcroft resigned noting that the nation was "now" safe from terrorism (I guess since there is no more need to alarm the public, since there are no more elections, we are now safe).

Now, Thanksgiving has come and gone and the only thing I saw on the news about travel advisories was about how crowded it was. Nary a word on terrorism.

Now, the Bush administration couldn't have been using false threats of terror to alarm the country, could they have? Ooops, treason, defeatism, prison, reeducation. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home